March Dinner: Social Media – Confused with what’s in and what’s not?
Anyone else confused about what to use for social media these days? Whether it be for business or for personal? What’s ‘in’? Also, learn how to use social media for career advancement!
Igloo Software is lending us their expert on Social Media on Wednesday March 2, 2016 along with event space at their beautiful new office. Nerf gun battles and cake room?! We have so much to look forward to :).
About the Speaker: Marine came to Canada in 2012 after graduating from one of the top French business schools with a masters in Marketing – ooh la la! She’s been working with tech startups in the KW area ever since. At Igloo, Marine runs digital marketing campaigns, tinkers with the corporate website, wrestles with Excel on the daily, and has been known to tweet from time to time.
RSVP now – limited spaces available!
– Innovation goes hand in hand with diversity; diversity can be defined by various metrics such as experience, age, race, education, etc.
– For a true innovative environment, there has to be a good ecosystem in place.
– There was a heavy reference to the book: Men are like Waffles and Women are like Spaghetti
– According to the book, men like to tackle to problems in neatly categorized packets, while women connect everything together and work on several problems at once.
– A workplace ecosystem is a spaghetti system, therefore, it is the natural habitat for women, however, the tech sector is male-dominated
– The KPL is about all types of literacy, including technical literacy.
– They are the first library that allows the public to borrow a Wi-Fi Hotspot Device.
– They have a secret Digital Media Lab that has a 3D Printing Station, Die Cutting Station, a Digital Conversion Station, Digital Scanner and a Music Station.
– They also have a Tech Bar which is a showcase of the latest tablets that can be tried and compared for free.
– Some of their free Teen programs include: Minecraft 101, One-on-One Technology Coaching, Free Weekend Flicks, Lego Minestorms EV3 and Sphero Robots, Video Game Days, 3D Printed Jewellery, Sphero-Robotics 101, Dota 2 Battle Arena and more!
– Sign up for their free In Touch Magazine for latest program information and KPL news.
And of course this couldn’t have happened without our sponsor, Igloo Software. Thank you!
Lovely event pictures to come!
The Crusade at GGDWR
What we do: Collaborate. Inspire. Build.
We welcome all aspiring nerds, geeks, and non-tech people! Email us if you want to get involved.